Missouri Herbs

Missouri Herbs
Our new website

For herbs I don't grow, this is my favorite place!

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin
On our site, you will see selected links to books that have been valuable to our homesteading, permaculture, spiritual, health and natural building paths and links to products we use or feel are ethical. Purchasing any of these products through my site will help contribute to our homesteading success and our teaching others to do the same.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We recently got an Earthway "high wheel cultivator" and it's wonderful. Makes the work of preparing the beds much easier than using the hoe, though I still do like to use the hoe for getting the big rocks out and making the sides high and straight. The walkway is already compact and hard. Jeffrey used it to easily plow up some dirt from the walkway to bury the sides of the row covers. We swear the corn and beans grow while we are there, it's bigger after only a few hours! I've attached a photo of a big area at the bottom of a the hill that I scythed today. I told my mom it took me 1/2 - 1 hour to finish. Jeffrey just informed me it was longer than that. I had no idea. It's a pretty big area, the white square you see down there is carpet pulled out of a room.



We're home for our mid-day break. I'm going to peen the scythe, long overdue, and check the small garden and tree nursery. Then on to laundry and my job search to satisfy unemployment.

Someone emailed me a job that I am qualified for and have done before. It sounds awful and my stomach turned just reading it. It's a QA Training systems manager with a focus on safety, it's 30 min away and probably pays more than I made at my last job. There's nothing worse for me than being in HR, except for maybe safety. I don't want to be a manager of anything really, especially not in a Safety dpt. QA wouldn't be bad, but I don't find enforcing ridiculous requirments appealing. So I don't think I'm cut out to be a manager of anyone anymore, but myself. If I have to work outside of the house, I wish I could find an organic nursery where I could learn. There is one about 1/2 hour from here and I"m going to stop by and see if they need any help.

When we came home today, Benjamin was lounging on top of cut grass in the swimming pool I pull with rope as a cart. I like it better than a wheel barrow for many tasks because it just slides on the ground. I gathered the grass I cut here with the scythe and we took it to Crooked Creek to use today. This last batch of gathered grass wouldn't fit in the truck bed, so Benjamin decided he'd hold it down for us so the wind wouldn't blow it away while we were gone ;-)



No comments: