Saturday, June 19, 2010
Posts and Spring
Today we started on a cover for the grill area using cedar posts. We're going to try lashing top posts to hold some sort of cover. And I have the blocks for the grill ready to go tomorrow.
We stuck a rock in the "spout" of the spring's "bowl". There is a ton of clay dirt around from the excavation, so we packed it around the rock and a pipe that extends the waters flow to a lower area where I can put a bottle. I laid rocks in the soft mud for a little walk way and the water continues on it's flow down the wet weather creek. I know it's probably very temporary, but it was fun and just an experiment. We'll see how long it lasts. The pipe angle in this picture was wrong. We changed it and really increased the flow. A bucket of clay was left for repairs. I can't wait to see how long this will last.