Missouri Herbs

Missouri Herbs
Our new website

For herbs I don't grow, this is my favorite place!

Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin
On our site, you will see selected links to books that have been valuable to our homesteading, permaculture, spiritual, health and natural building paths and links to products we use or feel are ethical. Purchasing any of these products through my site will help contribute to our homesteading success and our teaching others to do the same.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Relax, Smile and Breathe

(by the way, I just discovered the "title" field)

Today I'm not quite feeling myself. After some frustrating work, I had to get outside. Although I did have a very nice phone call with my Dad, we don't get to talk much on the phone. We took the dogs to the creek and they ran through the tall grass oblivious to the rain. Even though two of them are older dogs, they still run like puppies; galloping with ears and tongues flapping up and down from the stride. It never gets old, it always makes me laugh. Little mama Lucille had to stay home today because I wasn't up to carrying her through the rough spots and up the hill. So we all quietly snuck out the back door, leaving her sleeping next to the wood stove that was fired back up today after a chilly snap.



I have given myself permission to take the night off from the to-do list. It's been a rough week with numerous and unexpected frustrating tasks. I am trying so hard to get along without my friends back home and didn't realize how much I depended on them for home computer help. They are just some of the most amazing friends. The absolute last thing I want to do when I get off of work is try to figure out how to get 2 scanners working and how to network my computers. I want to start a scanning project at night, but want to work on the more economical lap top some and turn the big computer off. I don't care about learning how to fix computer problems, I am so uninterested in computers and have no idea what I'm doing. I know software, but I don't know Microsoft very well and have never had to. So I have been working on that every night and I just want it to work!! Please just let me turn it on and work. After reading blahbedeblah for days I had to get outside and get away from it.

I felt like I needed a break, so I just took it. Otherwise, I feel, your body gets sick and forces you to take a break. So, tonight, I'll relax by the woodstove and maybe stretch some. I'll think about the trees I touched and smelled today and just breathe.

Here is Lolli posing next to the blow up dog house that we are going to give away since the cats don't really need it anymore, it leaks and I need the room. The other picture is little mama Lucille after stealing a bone from Vincent that he found. I made her give it back after I grabbed the camera. She walks like a robot when she is carrying something and it's so funny. If I ever figure out how to edit video and post, I will. Maybe we'll find someone soon that will trade some work or home cooking for computer help. Hey that gives me an idea! I think I do. :-)


No comments: